Composition & Theory
Songwriting feedback from a skilled professional is an essential tool to help you develop the skills necessary to produce your highest quality, original material. A seasoned song-writer, Paola supports her students' unique creativity and originality, always with the aim of allowing them to develop their individual voice and style, whilst supporting the development of key, core, technical skills. She teaches on the faculty at Trinity Laban Conservatoire in London for the BA Music Performance and Industry degree program - a new undergraduate degree designed to help the artistic and professional development of artists.
Suitable for solo or group artists, Paola's background as a multi-genre performer helps all kinds of artist develop their music in a positive direction for their creative growth.
Through close partnerships with local professional studios (including Sphere Studio and Studio La Tour) high-end facilities are available with an experienced sound engineer, to ensure professional results. Produce your own recordings ready for distribution with an experienced team behind you.
Examples of recent lesson content in Composition and Theory private students include:
Songwriting techniques & functional harmony
– how to write verses/ chorus/ bridge
– songwriting exercises – proven techniques to boost your creativity
– close study of common song structures & their effects
– development techniques – how to maximise the scope of your ideas
– narrative and the importance of structure in songwriting
the craft of Songwriting: an overview through time
-contextual studies of different styles of songwriting
-songwriting styles which inspire & inform contemporary music
- Basic and advanced styles of accompaniment
- learn how to perform your own material solo
Band Leadership: Core skills
- How to write your chart for a band or open mic
- How to direct your chart for a band or open mic
- live Mic techniques/Vocal qualities
- Stage craft and performance
- How to work with a band: norms & troubleshooting